The photo, A Man in Uniform, is from a recently purchased group of negatives. The seller did not have any background information on the box of negatives. As I slowly digitalize them, I can tell many are old military photos. My knowledge of the military is slim. I have heard wonderful stories. Actually, many tales are from family members. I even volunteer with a group that sends care packages to military personnel stationed overseas. But, beyond the basics, I am clueless.
So what do I notice about the man in the photo?
- I believe he is in the Army. (Please do not yell at me if I got it wrong.)
- I am assuming from the tents, he was stationed overseas.
- Judging from the amount of dirt on his boots, the terrain is wet. Perhaps, they just had a rainfall.
- I think the structure at the end of the tents is a mess hall or medical building.
- The first four letters of his last name are: SMAL
- Every tent has a trash can on the outside.
Did I miss anything? What do you see?
I would love to learn his story. Was the photo taken during wartime? Did he come home safely? Did he marry? Have children and grandchildren? I will probably never know.
Until next time…peace