With the stay-at-home order extended here in Michigan until May 15th, I have lots of time to sort through old photos and clippings. Now, this photo was found in my grandfather’s stuff. On the back in his handwriting reads, “Flossie’s friends.” Flossie, a surgical nurse, born in 1899 was his older sister.
The back of the photo provides further information in handwriting that I do not recognize.
“Coming back from a 16-mile walk to the top of the mountain at Maleas, Greece. November 1st, 1928.”
After a quick Internet search, I realize the photo refers to Cape Maleas, Greece which is absolutely beautiful. I have officially added the site to my bucket list.
What do I notice and wonder about the photo?
- Other than the guns, I do not view any other types of provisions.
- The man with the cap is smoking a cigarette which was normal for this era.
- Who is taking the photo? Perhaps, the provisions and hiking gear is with that person.
- They seem to be in good spirits after hiking 16 miles.
- What are their names?
- How did they know my Great Aunt Flossie?
Tell me what you think?
Until next time…peace