I recently purchased a box of mixed slides and negatives. I took this image off a slide. I cannot find any others to match the people in the photo.
New Year’s Eve Celebration?
At first, I was guessing the gathering was on New Year’s Eve. But the party may be part of a Christmas celebration.
Here are some of my views after examining the photo:
- The party-goers have festive hats. The tissue hats could be for Christmas or New Year’s Eve.
- Everyone is dressed up. The clothing attire could be part of the celebration or normal for this time. I think the slide is from the late 1950s.
- On the far left, you can see cards hanging along the wall. From the pieces I can view, the cards look to be from Christmas.
- The napkins have small Poinsettias or other types of red flowers.
- The food being served looks simple. Perhaps, the main meal is over, and desserts are out. Or, the party theme was snacks and sweets.
What I love about this photo?
I believe the napkins are cloth. The table setting is all washable and reusable. In fact, the cups and dishware all match. I think we depend on too many throwable items these days. I am guilty of this practice also. But I am trying to do better.
Tell me what you notice about the photo. Did I miss anything?
Until next time..peace